Summer is the season for reading. When temperatures soar, you can take refuge in a shady hammock or an air-conditioned nook and be instantly whisked away to some exotic, far cooler land. For students, it’s the only time you can squeeze in some pleasure reading. Here are some Hopkins picks from the McNaughton Collection of popular fiction and nonfiction to add to your list.
Top Circulated McNaughton Books
1. Star Island by Carl Hiaasen
2. Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk: A Modest Bestiary
by David Sedaris
3. Scarlet Nights: An Edilean Novel by Jude Deveraux
4. I'd Know You Anywhere by Laura Lippman
5. The Reversal by Michael Connelly
6. The Postcard Killers by James Patterson and Liza Marklund
7. How to Be an American Housewife by Margaret Dilloway
8. Earth (The Book): A Visitor's Guide to the Human Race by Jon Stewart
9. Brave Girl Eating: A Family's Struggle with Anorexia by Harriet Brown
10. Cleopatra: A Life by Stacy Schiff
If nothing on the M-level shelves catches your eye, we've also got a great fiction selection down on D-level. So if you’re in the Baltimore area, swing by for your next novel. And if central air is your thing, feel free to stick around a while!