Registration is now open for Love Data Week, February 12-16, 2024! Join Johns Hopkins Libraries for an exciting week-long series of online talks, panels, and workshops where we will discuss data creation, sharing, and management while emphasizing data equity and inclusion and creating a kinder world through data.
For the fourth year in a row, the Libraries are hosting Love Data Week, an international celebration of data. This year, we are honored to be partnering with The Institute for Data-Intensive Engineering and Sciences (IDIES), Stavros Niarchos Foundation SNF Agora Institute, and The Alexander Grass Humanities Institute (AGHI) to bring you an exciting week of data-centric events for all participants of all backgrounds and experience levels. Events run from February 12th through February 16th, and the theme is My Kind of Data.
All events are online and free, and most are open to the public. Non-public events are open to any Hopkins affiliate with a valid JHED. Please feel free to share event information with any of your colleagues and patrons who you think would be interested!
Schedule and Registration
To see the schedule, register for events, and check out how to get involved in this and future Love Data Week events, visit our dedicated website: https://dataservices.library.jhu.edu/love-data-week/
About the Event
Panel discussions on topics including:
- The challenge of balancing biomedical data sharing and patient privacy protection at Johns Hopkins
- Open Scholarship at Johns Hopkins: Experiences and advice from our researchers
- Critical approaches to data sharing
- Analyzing the archive: working with data from text, audio, and video.
- Ethical Data Visualization
- Support for reproducible research at JHU
- Discovering discipline specific data and databases for your research
- Introduction to Open Scholarship, Data Services, and the JH Research Data Repository
Workshops on topics including:
- Effective Data Visualization
- Research Computing and Reproducible Research
- Data Management, Sharing, and Discovery
- Digital Humanities
About the Organizers
To contact the event organizers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Peter Lawson (Co-chair), Data and Visualization Librarian, Data Services
- Chen Chiu (Co-chair), Senior Data Management Consultant, Data Services
- Laurel Crawford, Manager of Collections Strategies, Sheridan Libraries
- Lena Denis, Geospatial Data, GIS, and Maps Librarian, Data Services
- Betsy Gunia, Data Management Consultant, Data Services
- Emily McGinn, Digital Humanities Librarian, Sheridan Libraries
- Lubov McKone, Data Management Consultant, Data Services
- Nancy Shin, Scholarly Communications Librarian, Welch Medical Library
- Bonni Wittstadt, Geospatial Services Librarian, Data Services