The JHU Libraries purchase new books from Springer, a large STEM publisher, as ebooks. We’ve been doing this for about 4 years now, so there are thousands of them in Catalyst. If you’d like to purchase hard copy of one of these titles for your personal collection, that is now an option.
- Costs $24.99, includes shipping.
- Must be a Springer ebook listed in Catalyst.
- English language book.
- Less than 1200 pages.
- Single volumes only (can’t be part of a series).
- Cover is color; all else is black & white.
- If extra material was added online, that will not be part of your book.
The books are good quality; I bought one last year because it was the textbook for one of my daughter’s classes. When you’re at the Springer site, look for the ‘mycopy’ image below the book cover; that will let you order the book.
If you don’t want a print book, don’t worry! Springer is great about their ebooks! You can download the entire book with one click. They also let you download a chapter at a time.