Baltimore! It’s the land of pleasant living! And what’s more pleasant than spending a lovely Saturday perusing flowers, eating deliciously sugary lemon sticks, and ambling around a historic neighborhood? That’s right, all ye denizens of Baltimore, FlowerMart is occurring this Friday and Saturday in Mount Vernon Square, and the George Peabody Library is hosting events both fun and enlightening in honor of this esteemed Baltimore tradition.
There will certainly be moments of whimsy, daring displays of creativity, and wonderful botanical discoveries to be had by all! Even if flowers aren’t your thing, stop by the Peabody on Saturday, May 4th and view our Stephen Crane exhibit. Enough build up, right? Well, here’s the schedule for events at the Peabody Library:
Saturday, May 4, 11am-5pm
- 12pm: Collection Spotlight Chat: Learn about Sachse’s monumental Bird’s Eye View of the City of Baltimore (1869)
- 1pm: 20 Minute Talk: Learn about the Peabody Library and its Collections
- 2pm: Classical guitar concert featuring Yisak Lee (concert will take place in the Exhibition Gallery)
- 3pm: 20 Minute Talk: Learn about the Peabody Library and its Collections
- 4pm: Collection Spotlight Chat: Learn about Sachse’s monumental Bird’s Eye View of the City of Baltimore (1869)