Artstor is moving to JSTOR—here’s what you need to know this fall:
- Artstor will be supported at least through the summer of 2023 with 6 months notice given in advance of sunsetting the platform.
- Most of Artstor’s 2.5 million+ images are already available on the JSTOR. To access Johns Hopkins Digital Collections (over 239,000 images), including images from Sheridan Libraries Special Collections, use these links:
- Be sure to check out the newest JHU image collection in Artstor/JSTOR, the Johns Hopkins University Collection of Middle East-inspired Sheet Music.
- You are able to log into JSTOR with your Artstor credentials. If you have image groups in Artstor that you wish to transfer to JSTOR, the VRC recommends reading this Support entry. If you need help, the Visual Resources Collection (VRC) is happy to assist.
- The VRC currently recommends that you primarily use Artstor for your image needs; however, ITHAKA has made a number of improvements to the JSTOR platform over the summer. JHU is one of ten institutions around the world currently participating in ITHAKA’s beta testing program. Please consider experimenting. All feedback will be incredibly useful in shaping the future of the platform and JHU’s image collections. To really make an impact, ITHAKA needs to hear from end users. If you have any feedback or thoughts to share, please email or contact JSTOR Support.