A library’s primary raison d’etre is to obtain and make available resources that support your research, teaching, and learning. We have spent many years building a great collection that includes books, journals, patents, standards, newspapers, music, films, maps, government documents, manuscripts, and rare books. We have also spent time building relationships with other libraries that allow us to share our materials with each other.
I thought you’d like to see some numbers that show how much our collections are used. These numbers are for FY15, July 2014-June 2015.
- Checkouts from Sheridan Libraries: 116,668
- E-Reserves: 38,300 PDFs posted for 1,424 courses
- Interlibrary Loan borrowed 12,094 items from other libraries for JHU patrons
- Interlibrary Loan loaned 14,588 items to other libraries
- BorrowDirect items borrowed: 14,015
- BorrowDirect items loaned: 13,857
So, be sure to use our resources to your heart’s content. Providing you what you need to succeed is what we’re all about…you can count on it, AH HA HA HA HA!