There will be so many activities! Oodles of vintage books to purchase! Delicious food to consume! A dashing super hero to keep the peace amongst all those rambunctious bibliophiles! To top it off, the George Peabody Library will be open the entire weekend with an incredible line up of activities that will make even the most jaded of book folk giddy with anticipation!
Here are some of the amazing things you can see and do at the Peabody this weekend:
- View a display of phenomenal photographs of the Peabody Library by Hopkins undergrad Matthew Petroff!
- Ask the Past! Enjoy an illuminating talk about how-to books of yore with Hopkins own Elizabeth Archibald Friday at 6pm!
- Attend a concert by the BSO’s OrchKids bucket percussion band Saturday at 6pm! We will also be hosting a classical harp performance featuring Laura Stokes Sunday at 6pm.
- Learn about the books in the library as we feature collection spotlight talks on Don Quixote, chapbooks, and vintage postcards!
- Participate in fun and free family activities, also known as coloring, coloring, coloring!
Still not convinced that Book Festival is totally awesome? Well, look at all the fun you missed out on last year!