Summer is fast approaching! That means summer internships, summer jobs, and summer vacations–all of which might take you out of town until the leaves start falling. Here at the library, we’re all for tanning on the beach, but please don’t forget to take care of some library R & R–Return and Renew!
- Before you leave for the summer, return any books you no longer need to the library. You can return books at Circulation or at one of the drop boxes—there is one in MSE outside of the guard’s desk and one in the BLC in the vestibule of the B-level entrance.
- If you still need your books, renew them! You can renew online through your library account. You can also use your library account to see a list of everything you still have checked out. If you have trouble renewing your books, contact email@example.com.
- Any books you choose to keep are still subject to recall. Leave those books somewhere accessible so that they can be returned if needed. If someone recalls a book, you will have ten days to return it.
- Don’t forget to return dvds, reserves, temporary locker keys, headphones, chargers, etc. These items cannot be checked out for an extended time period.
- Don’t forget to return any Interlibrary Loan materials you might have before leaving campus. Check your ILL account online to see if renewals are possible for your items.
Remember the 2 R’s, and you’ll be able to have the more traditional R’s in peace: rest and relaxation. And if you are here this summer, catch an O’s game or two, and, either way, remember that the library is here to help you all year round! If you need anything always feel free to Ask a Librarian.