This weekend (Nov 17-18) weâ€™ll be moving all of our computer servers to another building. Trust me, this is a good thing. The computers will be very happy in their new home,
For humans the down side is that some of the libraries online services wonâ€™t be available Saturday night and early Sunday morning. For example:
- The web site will be up — but the blog will be down
- The catalog will be down — but ILL will be available
- The e-journals and databases will be available on campus — but off campus youâ€™ll have to use the VPN because the proxy service will be unavailable
- E-Reserves will be down
So print off your reserve articles early. Better yet, take Saturday night off on us. You know you work too hard.
Hereâ€™s the formal announcement with the details
Library Online Services Outage
Saturday November 17th 9 PM â€” Sunday November 18th 10 AM
During the weekend of November 17th the JH Libraries will be moving all of our computer servers to the Homewood Garland data center. As a result many of the libraries online services will be unavailable Saturday evening through early Sunday morning.
- None of the Hopkins Libraries web sites will be affected.
- Databases and e-journals:
- Will be available from on campus and via VPN off campus
- Will not be available via the proxy service
- The following library services will be unavailable during the move:
- Johns Hopkins Library Catalog, including â€œrequestâ€ feature
- JHSearch: the Cross-Database Search Engine
- Levy Sheet Music Collection
- Library Services within the Hopkins Portal—my.jhu.edu
- Sheridan Libraryâ€™s Blog
- Sheridan Libraries E-Reserves
Systems staff will be on-site from beginning to the end working to ensure the integrity of the move and to restore services as quickly as possible