The word “bibliophile” conjures a certain image: horn-rimmed glasses and cardigans, sure. But cult filmmaker?!
In his latest memoir, Role Models, Waters dedicates a whole chapter to the pleasure of reading. But what exactly does the “Prince of Puke” keep on his bedside table? He lists his top picks in “John Waters’ Five Books You Should Read to Live a Happy Life If Something Is Basically the Matter with You.”
- In Youth is Pleasure by Denton Welch
- We Need to Talk about Kevin by Lionel Shriver
- The Man Who Loved Children by Christina Stead
- Two Serious Ladies by Jane Bowles
- Darkness and Day by Ivy Compton-Burnett
On Saturday, September 11 at 1 pm, the Johns Hopkins Barnes and Noble will be hosting a book signing with the local legend. If you haven’t already read it, learn more about the book from his recent interviews on Fresh Air and The Colbert Report.