If you’re new to JHU, welcome! We’d like to share a few basics about the libraries with you.
Your first question may be “How many libraries are there?” The Sheridan Libraries include:
- The Milton S. Eisenhower Library, or MSEL. MSELis the library building on the Homewood campus.
- The Albert D. Hutzler Reading Room in Gilman Hall.
- The George Peabody Library at Mt. Vernon Place.
- The John Work Garrett Library at Evergreen House.
- The DC Regional Library Resource Centers in and around DC.
The basic things you’ll need to know include:
- Your JCard is your library card. If you’re in MSEL, stop at the Circulation Desk on M level to activate it.
- You can use our online resources from off-campus; you’ll need your JHED login and password to do so.
- You can contact reference librarians in person, or by phone, Twitter, and email.
- Departments and programs have librarians assigned to them to provide assistance. Contact them when you have questions or suggestions.
- We have information for undergraduate students, graduate students, and faculty, if you’re curious.
Lastly, you may have noticed the construction site just south of MSEL. We’re in the process of building a learning commons, and you can see the project blog for information and updates.