This is the third year of the fund. We’ve been so successful that we’ve run out of money before the end of each fiscal year. Unfortunately that will probably happen this year as well. We’ve made some changes to try to make our money last a little longer.
- Applicants must be JHU students, faculty, or staff and listed in JHED.
- Applicants should not be tenured. (We’re assuming tenured faculty have built Open Access author fees into their grant applications.)
- The maximum amount reimbursed per article is $1500.
- An author will be reimbursed a maximum of $1500 within the current fiscal year.
- The journal must be listed in the Directory of Open Access Journals.
- You must submit a receipt when you complete the form. We can reimburse authors listed in JHED or a JHU account that was used to pay the article processing fee.
The application form is at the bottom of this page. Please read the entire page before submitting.